About Rainbow Nursery Schools
Serving families in Richmond and Sheen since 1979……
My first experience of the Rainbow ‘magic’ was in the summer of 1995 as a Nanny to a Richmond family. I am a fully qualified NNEB Nursery Nurse. Rainbow was also the setting for my last family, who had a child who was profoundly deaf, as I knew that Rainbow would be the most nurturing of environments for a child who was already experiencing more challenges than most. I know that her family always hold Rainbow in very high regard, as do countless other families in the area, and that its uniqueness is what makes it so special to so many.
I subsequently left nannying and returned to my studies at Roehampton University reading Early Childhood Studies and Education. A Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) followed and this also gave me Qualified Teacher Status. I also chose Early Childhood for my PGCE teaching specialism so Nursery and Reception Year groups are a real passion of mine.
I have taught locally for ten years, leaving a teaching position in December 2011 when our son was born. I have been a full time Mum since then and have continued my own learning journey, when time allows, by currently studying for an MA in Education.
My family live in Isleworth and I have been on the Governing body of our local school for three years.
Our son has had two wonderful years at Rainbow with the lovely Rainbow ladies and I am delighted that Mrs Hunter has entrusted the continuation of the Rainbow legacy to me when she retires at the end of this academic year. I will endeavour to build on the reputation that it holds within the locality and to strive to keep its uniqueness, traditions and nurturing culture that make it so special.
I very much look forward to getting to know you all and especially having lots of Rainbow fun and adventures with your children.Mrs Lavinia Pashley – Wilkins. BA Hons, QTS, NNEB
Our day explained
- RAINBOW’s schedule is designed to be accommodating, while adhering to a basic routine of learning through free play and adult directed activities.
- As children arrive they self-register and a more formal daily attendance register is taken by a designated member of the Team.
- Free-play, which starts the day whether inside or out, is supervised and children are encouraged to mix and communicate with one another. Learning takes place in small groups which entails language & literacy, mathematics and knowledge and understanding of the world.
- A mid-morning break for milk/water and snack forms part of a social session. Children will be offered a seasonal selection of fresh fruit, dried fruit, rice cake with a healthy topping or breadstick to choose from.
- The second part of the morning incorporates creativity, dance, drama, music or cooking in groups, ending the session with a group story time.
We hold regular watching sessions & parent consultations to enable parents to meet one another and discuss their child’s development with the members of staff. We have a strong parent partnership, with parent representatives in each setting.
We hold a Christmas concert, a school outing and a Sports day in the Summer Term whereby all groups (morning and afternoon) attend collectively and we encourage parent participation on these days.
Rainbow Nursery School Curriculum
Personal, Social & Emotional Development
Communication & Language
Expressive Arts & Design
Understanding the world
Application & Policy Information
Click the button below for more information about application and our policies.
Apply for a place
If you would like a place for your child at one of our Rainbow Nursery Schools, please send us an application form.